Celebrating Wellness

Celebrating Wellness
The Journey Begins!

Friday, February 3, 2012

How It All Began!

In November of 2011, I was diagnosed with Diabetes. My entire world was turned upside down. I had to visit many doctors. The most difficult time for me was learning how to eat. I started out with a blood sugar level of 300 and now I am regulated and have levels between 90 and 120.

I thought I was pretty healthy. But to my surprise, I was far off from being healthy. From Nov to Jan, I lost 26lbs. I am now 1 clothing size smaller and I weigh 200lbs. Ok, I am a size 14 now.

During this time, I also found out that I am anemic and I need to consider vitamins. I was also told to increase my exercise. The combination of these things would help me feel better and keep my blood sugar low.

In November, a co-worker talked to me about coming to a presentation on wellness. I was hesitant at first. I attended the presentation and learned about new products that were not only healthy, but they were safe and chemical free.

I decided to become a customer of "Melaleuca". Funny name, right! Well, it means tea tree oil. This blog will tell about some of the things I eat to control my blood sugar, it will document some of the foods that I found I can no longer eat alot of, I will share the products I am currently using, and provide you with tons of information telling the multiple uses of the Melaleuca Products.


No comments:

Post a Comment