Celebrating Wellness

Celebrating Wellness
The Journey Begins!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Breakfast Foods

Good Afternoon,
I thought I would talk about some of the changes I have made that are making my blood sugar levels much lower. First of all, I do monitor what I eat. In the morning, I find foods such as boiled eggs and toast a good combination. I also eat peanut butter and jelly on a bagel, with coffee. I enjoy turkey bacon, 1 egg, on an english muffin, with coffee. I don't tend to eat fruity yogurts in the morning, they make my level too high.
I especially love drinking the smoothies by the company NAKED, They have fruit smoothies with no sugar added. Melaleuca has the Active Immune Drink. It tastes like Tang and its delicious. I will have that with some of the Simply Fit crackers by Melaleuca too.
I also will eat some cheese cubes, grapes, and a couple of unsalted crackers.
When I go to a restaurant, I will order what I want, but only eat half the portion and take the rest home. I like going to IHop. I will order the spinach egg w/cheese and order a side of wheat toast. I won't get homefries. I will get coffee and ask them to add light whipcream for something sweet.
The truth to lowering your blood sugar is to eat smaller portions of starches. I find that if I eat some type of protein I am more satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment